Troubleshooting Guide: iPhone Stuck on Apple Logo
Is your iPhone stuck on the Apple logo and not progressing to the home screen? This can be frustrating, but there are steps you can take to resolve the issue and get your iPhone working again.
Table of Contents
- Force Restart Your iPhone
- Check for Software Updates
- Update Apps
- Restore iPhone via Recovery Mode
Force Restart Your iPhone
A force restart can help your iPhone break free from the Apple logo loop:
- For iPhone 8 and later:
- Quickly press and release the Volume Up button.
- Quickly press and release the Volume Down button.
- Press and hold the Side button until the Apple logo disappears and reappears. Release the button.
- For iPhone 7 and 7 Plus:
- Press and hold the Volume Down button and the Sleep/Wake button simultaneously until the Apple logo disappears and reappears. Release the buttons.
- For iPhone 6s and earlier:
- Press and hold the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button simultaneously until the Apple logo disappears and reappears. Release the buttons.
Check for Software Updates
Outdated software can cause compatibility issues. To check for software updates:
- Open "Settings" on your iPhone.
- Tap "General."
- Select "Software Update."
- If an update is available, tap "Download and Install."
If a specific app is causing the issue, updating or deleting it might help:
- Open the App Store.
- Tap on your profile picture.
- Scroll down and look for available updates.
- Update apps or uninstall them one by one to see if the issue resolves.
Restore iPhone via Recovery Mode
If the issue persists, you might need to restore your iPhone using recovery mode:
- Connect your iPhone to your computer and open iTunes (on macOS Catalina and later, open Finder).
- Force restart your iPhone as described above, but this time, keep holding the button until you see the recovery mode screen (iTunes or Finder logo and lightning cable).
- You will be prompted to "Restore" or "Update" your device. Choose "Restore." This will erase all data on your iPhone and install the latest iOS version.
- After the process is complete, set up your iPhone as a new device or restore from a backup.
If none of these steps work, and your iPhone remains stuck on the Apple logo, it's recommended to contact Apple Support or visit an authorized service center. There may be an underlying hardware issue that requires professional assistance.